- $60/60 minute session
- $90/90 minute session
- For payment, which is expected at time of service, I accept cash or check. Issued gift certificates are obviously accepted.
- Sessions are by appointment only. I prefer to work in the mornings and early afternoons. Saturday and evening times are available as well, if that works best for you. If you need to cancel your appointment, I would appreciate at least a two hour notice.
- Gift certificates are available. What better way to show your love and appreciation to those you care for by giving them a gift of health and relaxation! A wonderful, thoughtful, and generous way to honor your loved ones for birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, Christmas, "I'm Thinking of You, or "Just Because..."
- As a mother of five kids and a champion of parenting, I know first-hand just how much pregnancy and caring for young children can take a toll on one's physical body and emotional well-being. With that, I gladly offer pregnant women and parents of children under four year old a discount of $20 off their session fee.
- I'm happy to offer out-call visits. In the comfort of your own home, I will come to you with my table and supplies. (Please provide a quiet, roomy place where I can have plenty of room to work.) If you live outside of Utah County I will charge an additional $10 for traveling and time expenditures.
- I welcome and will consider trade work. Let's make a deal!
- I, as well as many of my clients, enjoy incorporating therapeutic essential oils into a body work session. (Especially used along the spine and on the feet.) Please let me know your feelings about this aspect of the therapy in our pre-massage interview.
*Please keep in mind that with all these types of massage and body work modalities/services listed below, every session can incorporate many techniques, applications, and combinations of each; providing you with a very personalized and individualized session to meet your specific concerns and needs.
Descriptions of Therapies Offered
Probably one of the most well- known forms of massage therapy, Swedish or "traditional" massage incorporates five basic strokes, all flowing toward the heart, for therapeutic purposes such as promoting circulation of blood and lymph, manipulation and relaxation of soft tissues, effective pain relief and injury prevention. Strokes are long, flowing, and gliding across the body, providing the client with a profound sense relaxation and well-being to both body and mind.
This form of massage is especially beneficial to athletes or those with active lifestyles. Whether it's a stimulating and energetic pre-event massage, a post-event massage to assist in decreased recovery time, or ongoing therapeutic sessions when there are cases of overuse or injury, sports massage is an important component of any training regiment and extremely helpful in maximizing athletic performance. A general Swedish massage can incorporate this modality with its range- of- motion exercises, facilitated stretches, compression work, pressure-point and friction massage techniques.
Deep Tissue Massage/Trigger Point Therapy
Deep Tissue Massage and Trigger Point Therapy are often incorporated into a Swedish massage when there are issues of chronic muscle tension, inflammation, dysfunction, and pain. Through the use of slow, deep, and deliberate strokes, compressions, and friction applications, the therapist will utilize different "tools" such as elbows, forearms, knuckles, and fists, to reach the deep portions of muscles, tendons, and fascia. The primary goal being to "unstick" fiber adhesions, restrictions, aid in the releasing of toxins and deeply held patterns of tension, as well as knots, or painful and inflamed "trigger points" that often result in referral pain. It is crucial that verbal and nonverbal communication between client and therapist is maintained throughout the session.
This modality is based on the ancient Oriental theory that meridian lines or pathways carry energy throughout the body. Because each zone or part of the body has a corresponding reflex point on the feet (and on the hands, as well), the application of pressure to that reflex area causes stimulation in the natural energy of the related body part or organ. Thus, positively effecting the entire body in a non-invasive, easily accessible, and safe way. Crystalline-type deposits and/or tenderness indicate a dysfunction, and with the application of firm yet gentle pressure, congestion and blockages can be removed to restore and maintain health and well-being. A very relaxing therapy, Reflexology (and often called Foot Zoning) is not only beneficial to so many ailments such as respiratory, digestive, and circulatory issues, back pain, and headaches, insomnia, etc., but is amazingly therapeutic for plantar fasciitis.
A traditional, centuries old form of bodywork originating from Japan, Shiatsu utilizes the principles of acupressure by using rhythmic pressure of the fingers, thumb, palm, elbow, knees, and feet on specific points along the body's meridians to unblock, stimulate, and restore the flow of "chi" or life energy, to the body in order to treat pain, prevent illness, and promote general health. A session may include gentle stretching, light- to- medium pressure compressions, and range- of- motion manipulations. The client is fully clothed, no lotions or oils are used, and the session takes place on a comfortable mat on the floor. Try this unique form of bodywork! You will come away thoroughly rested, relaxed, and balanced.
Seated Chair Massage
This form of massage is performed with the client sitting in a comfortable and specially designed massage chair. The client is fully clothed and massage techniques that don't require massage oil or lotion are used. This type of massage is very convenient-- especially in the workplace or any public setting-- in the alleviation of stress and muscle tension, as well as facilitating an increase in productivity and general relaxation. I welcome opportunities to provide seated chair massage for groups or businesses. A very good introduction to the benefits and joys of receiving a massage!